Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Spring Cleaning III (12 Empties!)

Just when you thought that was it... there was more empties! My stash has really taken a beating this spring! I love it, and so does my stash and wallet! :)

1. Simple Exfoliating Facial Wipes
This was reviewed in the post dedicated entirely to a group if Simple products you can check out my review there.

2. Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Bright Skin Tone Correcting Serum Sample
Ahhh, I always forget how much I love the texture of a good non-sticky serum! This sample lasted me for 2-3 days so couldn't really get a feel for whether it actually did any skin tone correcting, but it didn't sting, it didn't leave my skin greasy, and I liked the smell. It's expensive because its a serum, but if I keep hearing good things about this product I think I might consider buying this! Maybe as a graduation from law school present to myself? Or maybe later in the year after I make more progress in my stash? I think I would just die if this product was in the Birchbox store because I'd totally save my points for it!


3. I Love... Mango & Papaya Bubble Bath and Shower Gel
See my two prior empties posts for reviews of this product in other scents. I loved loved loved this scent! I liked the little kick the papaya gives an otherwise normal mango smell! I would totally buy this full sized (and even might do it before buying the lemon & lime scented one!)


4. TIGI Bed Head Control Freak Conditioner
I liked this, maybe even loved it, but can't say I would run out to repurchase it or that I really miss it. I liked the weird slippery feeling this conditioner had (probably due to the ingredients behind the "makes your hair dry faster" claim). I loved the smell because it reminded me of sour Juicy Fruit, which I adore! I am considering checking out other "Control Freak" products in this line because I love the smell! As a side note, I bought this at TJ Maxx at a discount so that was nice! If I rebuy this it would probably only be if I got it at TJ Maxx or someplace like that.


5. Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash
I got this in a good bag from an event I attended at my local mall (super fun!). I had heard about this a few times from Emily Noel on Youtube, and it's exactly how she described it! A gentle exfoliator with truly micro beads! Its so nice on your skin without being harsh and without sacrificing result! It has a meh non-smell though. Will I buy the full size? I think so one day, though probably in a kit or something because Philosophy is expensive and this is only a cleanser after all.


6. CVS Brand Deep Action Cream Cleanser
This did it job but did it weirdly! This smells like Barbasol shaving cream, feels like, and acts like it! Haha. I think this did a fine job at cleansing but I do think it was a little drying. I was happy to see this go, but luckily it is quite a runny product so it didn't take as long to use up as a cleanser might otherwise. Won't rebuy.


7. Essence of Beauty Sun Blossom Body Mist Travel Size
I bought this for myself as a valentines present because I had received the hand lotion version of this as a freebie this winter which you can check out my review of here. Like I said before, I'll say again... I love this scent! I also loved this little mini size! So handy and I didn't get tired of the scent before it was gone! I think the next time I'm in the market for a body wash (soonish!) I am going to try out this scent in the body wash! Rebuy? Definitely! :)


8. Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Perfume Sample
I didn't hate this, but I didn't love it. I can understand why many people like this scent now that I have experienced it, but its not my cup of tea. However, I think I COULD grow to love this kind of scent later in life if I get into more musky scents, which right now I hate, haha. Buy full sized? Nah, but I would eventually use it if I got it as a gift, or in a set or something.


9. Bath and Body Works Country Chic Shower Gel Travel Sized
I first tried out this scent last summer when it first came out. I loved it in the scrub form (see my review here). So when I had a coupon that entitled me to a free travel sized item I jumped at the opportunity to get something in the Country Chic scent! Still love it, and the shower gel formula was just fine. Next time I get a coupon or are actually in the market for a scent, I am gonna buy the travel sized body spray I think :).


10. Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Booting Mousse
Holy crap guys, I finished a mousse! Now just 3 more to go, ugh! haha. I always had liked this mousse but never loved it. After committing to using this up I came to learn that this tends to give me a white flakiness problem in my bangs area! Talk about yucky! So I had to make sure I kept this out of my roots. Otherwise the scent was fine, and this wasnt too sticky or crunchy. Buy again? Probably not, kinda of over all-over-mousses (still like the use of root booting mousses though). But didn't hate it, so would consider other products in the "Totally Twisted" line, or other Herbal Essences mousses.


11. Help I've Cut Myself
So this is another weird non-beauty empty (I discussed another Help product in my first Spring Cleaning empties post!), but I just love this company. Love the packaging, love the price, and love these bandages. I never had an itchiness problem while using these band-aids which I usually have with most brands. I found that they were nice and sticky and the case was super convenient for travel! Buy again? Definitely will after I deplete my band-aid stash haha!


12. Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint Sample in Pearl
This was a nice color match for me, gold star to you Birchbox for not having much info about me! While I don't think I'd ever buy this full sized because of the price, this was pretty good. For something "luminizing" it isn't sparkly upon application though if you touch your face during the day you might see a few little sparkly bits on your fingers, etc. I thought its moisturizing properties were ok, and the coverage fine. If I had not discovered the Garnier BB Cream this Jouer Moisture Tint might have been more ground shaking, but I found myself reaching for the Garnier BB Cream over this so had to continuously decide to use this. Cool thing to get from Birchbox though! I loved having the opportunity to try it out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment