Friday, May 25, 2012

But Wait There's More (Empties)!

Just when you and I thought I had enough empties... I managed to finish a bunch of things all within the same few days! Haha.

1. Garnier Nutritioniste Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV-Lotion
I bought this after having lots of luck with the gel moisturizer in this line, but I had grown bored of that one. I thought the lotion version would be awesome, and super cost effective. But, I ended up hating this lotion, mostly because it majorly peeled/rolled in the morning when ever I would put my makeup on. Boo :( It then took a while to use this up once I found I couldn't use it on my face. I ended up using it as a hand cream (wouldn't recommend though because I think it actually dried out my hands, haha), a body lotion, and some times a foot cream. Won't buy again. Still love the Garnier grape water smell though!

2. Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat Mini
I love and hate this... I love its results: super shiny and fast drying. But I hate the smell, and how it gets thick and stringing towards the end of its life. I know that there are ways to "save" this polish once it reaches that gloopy phase, but I can't stand that it happened even with this mini size! Probably won't buy again, because it is expensive, but did like it so would use it again if I some how managed to get it as a gift, or if I found an absolutely fabulous deal on it. Or perhaps after using some other brand top coats I'll change my mind? Guess we'll find out! haha

3. Pantene Pro-V Ice Shine Silicone Free Shampoo
I legitimately loved this, and loved it way more than I anticipated! I looove the smell, and I love it's results. It's simple in the sense that it doesn't try to be more than it is, and gives the results that you expect. It cleaned my hair to the perfect level and I think it actually did make it a little shinier than other shampoos have. Will I buy again? At a price of under $4, I definitely will be! And probably will some time soon once I move out of my parents house and likely will be on a tight budget.

4. Fekkai Glossing Conditioner
I was underwhelmed, but this conditioner was fine. I only bought this because it was on clearance randomly at Walmart one time so I figured, why not? Well, didn't like the herbal smell, and didn't feel that it really did much for my hair. I liked that it was light weight, but I expected way more from this since it is Fekkai. Buy again? Probably not, but still open minded about Fekkai and would try other things, perhaps even other Glossing products too.

5. I Love... Bubble Bath in Coconut & Cream, and Strawberries & Milkshakes
These were nice, especially together in a bath at the same time! What a delicious scent that was! I also found that these bubble baths paired with some coconut oil in the bath creates a fabulous moisturizing bath! These two mark the end of my beloved I Love... gift set :( Buy again? I think I just might! Buy the full sized? I think I just might do that too! Just not sure what scent would win.

6. Softsoap Rich Moisturizing Shea Butter
This soap was nice and kinda moisturizing. I liked the smell too. However, the beads in this soap always stuck around in my sink, and makes my sink look gross! Buy again? Maybe when I move and have a different sink (that maybe would have less of an issue with the shea butter beads?).

7. Sally Hansen French Manicure Pen
I remember looooving this when I first bought it a year or so ago. I bought it as part of a mission to learn to do my own french manicures after being enlightened to my love of them haha. I found that this made drawing the white line pretty easy, but towards the end of the pens life it started getting watery, and I would need to do more than one coat, and even then it just didn't look right, so in the trash this goes! Buy again? Not sure actually, because now I know about the Renforcements trick so perhaps I'll just buy a regular bottle of white nail polish instead? Not sure yet though as I am not having a french manicure phase right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment