Monday, May 21, 2012

Stash Buster Tips, Tricks, and Don'ts

So, with my parade of empties recently I've gotten some questions about tips for using up stuff, so here are some simple do's and don'ts that might help you encourage a product to kick the bucket

Do's
1. Use a face moisturizer as a body moisturizer!
I started doing this when certain face moisturizers were stinging my face so that I could justify getting through them and then moving on to new gentler products. It's amazing how fast face moisturizers will go when look at them as just regular moisturizer!


2. Use a face cleanser or scrub for body wash!
When I get near the end of a face wash I have a tendency to get a little impatient. When I see that there are only one or two uses left I feel compelled to use up the product right then and there even if it means over using it, haha. Thus, arose my solution: use a cleanser for a body cleanser or scrub and it's a guild free improper use :)

3. Use a colored liquid liner like a shadow for an all over wash of color!
I started doing this with my Kat Von D liner because I've had it for so long, and, sadly, there are only so many occasions where you can use sparkly grey eyeliner. This tip took quite a lot of thinking to come up with, and lots of staring at the product and resisting the urge to just throw it away. Dab a little of the liner on your lid and quickly blend it out. With the Kat Von D I found it created a nice sheer all over wash of color, though with other brands you might find it have a more pigmented result.

4. Use a body spray as a room spray!
I felt like a genius when I came up with this one, even thought it is probably obvious to others. I had a Bath and Body Work body spray lingering around foreverrrr and I wanted it out of my life: solution, over use it in a justifiable way! On days I wouldn't burn a candle I would dance around my apartment and spray the BBW. Before I knew it that sucker was gone and I can return to my candles without guilt!

Don'ts
5. Using a nail top coat as a base coat!
Now maybe this is an issue that is only inherent to my NYC Quick Dry Top Coat, but when I use this as a base coat it makes my nail color peel off in 2 or 3 days! It's almost as if I used nail polish stickers, that's how they peel off! Now, maybe this would be a good thing with those nail polishes that are hard to scrub off, but I don't really have many of those. Plus, finding little sheets of nail polish in your socks or flats is totally weird and gross! haha


What are your tips and tricks for busting down the size of your stash? I'd love to hear them! If I think of any more I'll make a sequel post! Or if enough of you post your own, I'll aggregate them all together with likes to all of your own blogs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment