Monday, November 14, 2011

November Birchbox

Yay my November Birchbox! Happy birthday to meeee!
Don't know what Birchbox is? Or wanna join? Click Here


1. Klorane Soothing Eye Makeup Remover with Cornflower
I'm not one to use makeup remover often as I only really need it if I wear eyeliner and that is a rare occasion. However, I did test this out on my regular makeup and it seems to be quite nice! No really residue left over after that I noticed; eyes didn't feel dry or anything either. I did find that while this product claims to be sensitive safe, if you over use the product it can still sting your eyes. And by over use I mean knocking the container over on the counter so feeling I had to use what I had knocked over which was way too much. haha. If I were an everyday eye makeup remover user I think I would definitely consider purchasing this. And I dunno what the birchbox people are talking about, I think it smells weird haha.

2. LaROCCA Skincare Champagne & Shimmer Body Polish
Hardly has any scrub too it. Feels like sugar and petroleum jelly. It reminds me of the body scrubs from The Body Shop but even oilier. I like the body show scrubs because it has a good scrub to it but at the same time leaves you quite moisturized because it is as if there is a layer of oil oil left over after you are done. This LaROCCA though was just TOO moisturizing and I just didn't feel clean afterwards. Plus I didn't like the champagne smell at all and didn't notice anything shimmery about this product. Not worth the price of the gold inside.

3. Oscar Blandi Jasmine Protein Mist
I like the smell of this product but that is about it. I don't really think this product does much. I have been using it as a pre-blowdrying spray and I don't notice any result different than my regular Heat Tamer spray. Wouldn't repurchase. I do enjoy how forceful the spray is though!

4. Zoya Nail Polish in Noel
A lovely mermaid-y color. I don't consider this a holiday color at all but I do enjoy it. Some how the shimmer is silver without detracting from the teal base. Much more interesting than a predictable blue reflect. I dunno if I would repurchase it because I have never repurchased any nail polish, but I wouldn't be against the idea at this point if I were to run out some how. Looks adorable on toes! :P

5. TREAT Chuao Chocolatier Firecracker Chocopod
I loved the idea of this. The sensations were quite interesting but I don't think I would like to repeat it. The chipotle feature was what turned me off. It was an interesting zing and I appreciate the creativity. However I think I would have enjoyed trying their potato chip one better.

6. PRIZE BaubleBar Black Wood Pop Bracelet
I'm not really sure how I feel about this yet. I like it. I might wear it every now and then. However I feel like the price is steep given that as long as I could track down the sparkle-y bead, I could make these myself. If I could sell mine for $20 and people bought them I'd be rich!

As I get an opinion/use up these products I will update this post with reviews of them.

Also, I appologize for not posting an October Birchbox blog. I was super busy (lame excuse I know). However, as I use up each product you can check out my review of them in the Purge Posts that they fall in. Click Here, and Here for reviews of October Birchbox items. I will update this post when I review the last two items from that box.

What did you get? Leave a comment below and let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment