Monday, November 7, 2011

Purge 5


1. Secret Smooth Effects Deodorant in Smooth Powder
Hated the smell! I usually get the wildflower one but when I was out of deodorant this was the only scent they had! I like that it is a "conditioning solid" so it isn't the normal stick. This kind dispenses like gel deodorants. Didn't really have many white streaks problems except when I put on shirts right after applying this, then I got the classic white streak on the bottom of my shirt. My next deodorant that I am using is a Mineral Solid, so its supposed to help with your odors better some how. It isn't natural in any way because it still has aluminum. If anyone has any tips for deodorants that don't give you white streaks when putting on shirts I would love the recommendation!

2. Blistex Five Star Lip Protection SPF 30
Hated this! Hated every second of the damn thing! I bought this because it sounded amazing, but it turned out to be just aweful. It made my lips look pale and gross, if my lips were actually chapped this made it sting,  it went on thick in a bad way, and the smell annoyed me. Won't repurchase, ever.

3. Living Proof Straight Styling Spray
I LOVE THIS! If I didn't have so many hair products to work though, I'd go out and buy this right now! This is the smaller size, but when I re-buy I will be going all out for the big one without regrets! This spray, while not making my hair pin straight (which I don't want anyway), make blow drying so much easier because I got the look of a full straight style without having to use a round brush. SCORE! It does smell awful when you are using it and can make you cough, but I love it so much it is so worth it. (Hopefully inhaling it isn't giving me cancer or something though...) Plus, even for a little bottle this lasted me quite a while (a few months).

4. Sephora Lip Gloss in Bronzed Beauty
See this previous post for a review of this product

5. Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Fast Absorbing Hand Cream
Kinda greasy for something that is supposed to be "fast absorbing." I also feel that it didn't really moisturize that well. I used a different version of this hand cream before and didn't have any problems so maybe I'll try that other one again some time after I used up the giant bottle of lotion I am working through.

6. Bath and Body Works Secret Wonderland Bubble Bath
I love B&B bubble baths because they are always the right amount of bubbles and scent. Wish they were a little cheaper, but I'm willing to deal with the price. I did enjoy this scent even though it isn't one I would normally reach for based on description alone, but I'm glad I bought it. Probably won't be in the market for bubble bath for a while but when I am, I'll likely turn to B&B works, and maybe this scent (though Country Chic is pretty amazing!)

7. Burberry Body Eau de Parfum Sample
For something that got a lot of marketing, this is rather generic and ordinary smelling to me. It kinda smells like a cliche "adult" perfume with no real personality to it. It was nice, but didn't have remarkable staying power and, really I just expected more out of it. Won't repurchase, won't even repurchase a dupe. Did appreciate that it was a spray vial though!

8. Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner Sample
Hated this. Made my hair feel dirty and just gross after using. Maybe I used to much of the product due to the influence of the size of the sample, but I also didn't notice anything different moisture-wise even with possible over-use of the product. Won't buy, and makes me think less of Ouidad

9. L'Occitane Pivoine Flora Eau De Parfum Sample
What can I say, I love peony perfume and this is practically straight up peony so of course I loved it. I dunno if I'll buy the product if only because I have 1/3 of my Victoria's Secret Girl's Night body spray left as well as a back up one. Maybe when I used that up, and if L'Occitane's perfume is still on the market, I will buy it. I would LOVE receiving it as a gift though! I know there is just the loveliest bar of soap made with this perfume too.

10. L'Occitane Pivoine Flora Eau De Parfum Sample
Eh. It was nice. Maybe it was because this sample was pretty dried out by the time I used it (have had it sitting around in my drawers for quite some time), but it didn't wow me. But I also did like it. If I came across this product in a set, or in another form like soap or lotion I think I would enjoy it more. But, as a perfume I don't think I'd buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment