Friday, February 10, 2012

Updated Opinion: L'Oreal 24 Hour Infallible Eye Shadow

You have probably seen my previous post about the L'Oreal 24 Hour Infallible Eye Shadow because it is currently my most viewed post here! (thanks guys :) )

That being said, my opinions about this product has changed so I think it deserves another post. Generally, I still believe what I said in the previous post, along with everything else I noted in my Maybelline Tough as Taupe post where I also discuss my new opinion on the L'Oreal Shadow. So here is what I didn't mention in that post: I actually went and returned the L'Oreal shadows (I purchased them at CVS and CVS pretty much is as nice about returns as Sephora, at least they have been whenever I have returned things), and here are my reasons why:

1. I felt guilty for breaking my Kill It Quest vow for TWO products.
2. The L'Oreal matte shade, no matter how I played with it, just didn't work for me because of its yellow tones to it. Even though Wet 'N' Wild Brule isn't a cream shadow, it does way more for me than the L'Oreal Endless Pearl did. I wanted Endless Pearl to be basically a creamy fast version of Brule that I could put on and run out the door, but it just wouldn't let me do that, haha.
3. The L'Oreal shimmer shade, Iced Latte, was a duplicative color in my collection, and after a week or so I decided that I couldn't really justify that given my resolutions, plus the fact that I have neglected my Stila Kitten for quite some time that I didn't think it was smart. If I haven't been using Kitten, why would I expect that I would use Iced Latte enough to justify its purchase?
4. After feeling what a cream shadow could feel like with the Maybelline Tough as Taupe and having my eyes opened to what I preferred, I realized that the powdery nature of the L'Oreal wasn't really something I was looking for.
5. The little presser thing annoyed me.
6. The L'Oreal shades are more suited to be used as a main eyeshadow color, something I don't need more of yet, rather than a base color, something that I have been looking for.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Yep your receipts girls, and check your return policies. No reason to send a product through a Kill It Quest or Project Pan in the future when you can return it and get your money back. Who cares about getting your monies worth out of a product you are kind eh about, when you can just get that money back and get something you like more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment