Thursday, April 26, 2012

Review: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua


I will admit that I bought Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua last summer after all the hype over it on Youtube. I originally had the plan of not buying it because it wasn't sold at Sephora, haha, but when I was at King of Prussia mall it called out to me to try it out. The make up artist there applied it and I loved it so I decided to buy it. (I was disappointed though that the make up artist had not idea that it was popular on Youtube and she looked at me like I was crazy when I mentioned it haha).

Over the summer I applied this with a brush at first but then decided I didn't like that after a while so I started applying it with my fingers and liked it better. Then I kind of abandoned it for a while when fall came around and I started using my Covergirl Natureluxe. I found that the Chanel looked funny when I had dry skin flakes, etc (gross sounding sorry haha!) which I had quite a bit of the time because I was dating a boy with a goatee at the time and smooching him was ultra exfoliating for my chin which then resulted in dry skin for a week afterwards, haha. Does that sound weird, or have other girls had similar experiences with men and their facial hair? Haha :P

Anyway, I was reunited with this foundation again this winter when I realized that I hadn't been using it for a while and it was expensive so I should be using it. While at first it started as a kind of use-it-just-to-use it intentions to get it out of my collection (sorry if that sounds sacreligious to some of you, haha), I am still enjoying it. When I got a beautyblender in my February Birchbox I really learned I loved the application of this with it and it rekindled my love a little bit.

Will I buy it again? I don't think so. While it was fun to have something Chanel, I think it is just too expensive even if I love it. I don't LOVE foundation so I'd rather spend money on Chanel products that will last longer, like maybe on of their powder or cream shadows. I do recommend the product though if price isn't an issue for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment