Monday, January 23, 2012

January Birchbox


January Birchbox! I had some issues this month with this getting here, hence the lateness of this post (the delay was my fault really though, not Birchbox's and they were still super nice and accommodating about it!). As usual I will post little mini reviews of each product as I get a feel for them or use them up.

1. Juicy Couture - Viva La Juicy
I'm kind of meh about this perfume but I don't hate it. I don't think I would ever buy this, but I wouldn't be upset if someone randomly gave it to me as a gift or anything. I am slightly disapointted that I don't find it amazing or anything because I know a lot of people love this perfume. I think its because I more of a cirtrus sweet and sour kind of girl rather than a true fruity floral like this is. Also, for having vanilla musky undertones, I'm surprised I don't hate it because usually I hate that, but with this perfume it just work well with the rest of the notes.

2. VMV Hypoallergenics - Re-Everything Face-Hand-Body Lotion
I don't think there is anything miraculous about this product as a body lotion (I did not try it on my face) in light of its high price tag ($45!). I did notice that my skin was nice and smooth, and better than other lotions I have used. But, for the cost, I don't see myself ever buying it.

3. Lara Bar - Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
This was fun to try. It was a nice taste and even though it was kinda nutty, which I am not sure I like, I do like that because of the nuts it doesn't make you feel bleh like some candy bars can make me feel afterward. I don't know if I would go out and buy these, but I would eat them again. I hear there is a chocolate-y one... I wouldn't mind trying that one next!

4. Origins - Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash
I can't decide how I feel about this. I like that it is nice and creamy, but I'd prefer it to have some kind of scrubby-ness to it. I particularly enjoy using this mixed in with another face wash because it keeps my skin nice and happy with the creaminess, and nice and clean with the other not-as-creamy cleanser. It is possible that I may grow to really love this product by the time I finish it up, and I will let you know if that happens, but at the time I like it, but I'm not sure I love it more than other cream cleansers I have tried, namely the Ahava one I tried.

5.FULL SIZED Stila - Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Peacock
The color is something I would have never picked up for myself but after using it to test it out I realized that I really like the consistency of it and wouldn't mind seeing the other colors of this product. Using this as a classic eyeliner or for winged eyeliner looks strange, in my opinion, but I'm going to play around with it some more because it could make a lovely lid color because the shimmer/shine to it is just gorgeous!

6. BONUS Birchbox Magnet
I think this little magnet is just adorable! A perfect bonus to get in a birchbox. No complaints here.

No comments:

Post a Comment