Sunday, January 15, 2012

Favorite Scarves!


So, one of my favorite accessories is scarves! I thought it would be fun to show you all my favorite ones in my collection and give a little of their back story.


This lovely little number right here is a favorite of mine because it is soft, and warm without being wooly. I love the scrunching/ruching and the almost Arabic vibe to it. I got this scarf super on sale at the going out of business sale for the late and great MetroPark, a store I greatly loved (rumor has it that is was bought and is going to reorganize and relaunch, but I'll believe it when I see it). I also love the little tassels on the end along with the stripes because that also gives it a semi jewish prayer shawl vibe as well.


I bought this scarf a few years ago, back when circle scarves were considered to be kinda weird. I decided to take the change on the weird concept, and little did I know would they become wildly popular. What drew me to this scarf was the delicate scallop pattern, as well as the color. I love a good white scarf, sweater, gloves, and really anything knit it white yarn. The way this hangs is also quite lovely and I think it looks really elegant. I consider it to be quite thick/wide and long for a traditional circle scarf, but I think that is why I like it so. It looks "chunky" when you wear it and is also nice and warm. It is from American Eagle.


I have no idea about the origins of this scarf because my mother gave it to me and there is no tag or designer mentioned on the scarf. She has a rather nebulous and mysterious bedroom and closet which every now and then spits something out that my mother thinks I will enjoy. This is silky (I have no idea if it's real silk.. probably not) and I love the floral pattern! I don't really own very many things in floral because while I love it, I'm afraid of having things that either look too old/matronly or, now because it's "in," too trendy. I think this falls in the "just right" category because it isn't a paisley like floral, and the scarf is kinda shorter than your normal scarf so it doesn't go crazy with the pattern. I will admit that I semi-dorkishly like to wear this in the fluffy stewardess style tucked into the neck of a sweater rather than hanging like a regular scarf. Is that weird? Am I the only one that thinks it looks lovely with this scarf? haha :P Let me know below!


Anyone who knows me personally knows about my great love of TJ Maxx. Well this scarf is proof of my love and semi re-initiated my love of the store. I got this sometime at the beginning of my law school career and feel so in love with it, I have yet to reemerge from it even after 2.5 years! At the nice price I got it for, which I'm not sure what it was exactly but I know it was likely less than $20, I think the fact that I STILL love it makes it worth almost a ridiculous price like maybe $30 or $40. I love the feathers (I can never have enough feathers) and the way it just goes so well with the chain pattern. Scrunched up when you wear it I just love the way the feathers peak out with the chains. Simply amazing. Also, this image is of the scarf folded in half because the pattern is mirrored on the other half. I have no idea what the brand is because I cut the tag off long ago because I didn't like to see it when I wore the scarf, haha. And, after examination the designer did not work their name into the design anywhere.

What are your favorite accessories? Have a favorite scarf? What does it look like, where is it from?

2 comments:

  1. your scarfs are so pretty!! i love the white one <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! :) The white one is so cosy! :P

      Delete