Sunday, July 1, 2012

May, June, and July Empties

Other than the random empties I found during packing, here are all the empties from the last couple months that I was hoarding all together just for you guys! I think its a nice well rounded group sample products and a handful of full sized products, which now are allowing me to move on to bigger and better things! Woo hoo!


1. Lumene Sensitive Touch Eye Makeup Remover
I bought this one time because it was on sale and I had a coupon or something to that effect, and didn't have an eye makeup remover at the time. While getting through this product I had phases where I felt that maybe it was an excessive purchase because maybe eye makeup remover wasn't something I needed, but then when I finished it I found myself missing having an eye makeup remover! However, I was not missing this particular one. While this formula isn't a bi-phase one, and claims to be oil free, it has an oily texture, and is king at making my contacts cloudy after use. While, temporary, it still annoys me when products do that. Will I buy this again? Nope. Am I scared away from Lumene? Not yet! I would love to try out some other things, because this was super gentle, and the greasy feeling was its only true down fall!


2. L'Oreal Youth Code Foaming Gel Cleanser Sample
I like this product. I wouldn't say I loved it, but that's really only because its the kind of cleanser that doesn't have a bunch of frills and just does its job good and plainly. The smell might annoy some people though as it is cucumber-like, but it didn't bother me. I didn't notice it doing any "youth code" like things to my skin, but hey, it's a cleanser, that's more like serum territory. Buy full sized? Not sure yet, but it's on the list of future contenders.


3. Sensodyne ProNamel Travel Sized
This is my 3rd mini tube of this toothpaste and is one I actually bought, whereas the other two came from my dentist (see my first review here and second review here). I am pretty sure I will buy this full sized now, as it is truly a life saver after a night of citrus-y drinks that seem to love to make my teeth sensitive in the morning! Nothing worse than a hangover AND 4 toothaches at ones, boo! I did find that brushing my teeth like 4-6 times the day after pretty much cured the pain by the 2nd day. The only thing holding me back is the fact that the texture/flavor is kinda meh, but I guess since it's semi a hangover cure I can't be so picky, eh?


4. Essence of Beauty Shower Gel in Limited Edition Island Bliss
There were many things to love about this shower gel: the smell, the foam, the size, and the price! I got this on a whim when I was running low on shower gel and I stumbled upon this in the CVS clearance area for less than $2. Fabulous deal right? It's a fun fruity scent, which is perfect for summer! And I love that the size was big enough that it would last me a while, but also wasn't honkin' and aweful to use in the shower like some shower gels are! Buy again? Definitely in clearance, probably at full price, all depending on what smells are out! I love the Sunblossom scent... maybe I'll get that next!


5. Colgate Optic White
This toothpaste is fabulous, though slightly tooth sensitizing. It definitely whitens well, and I love how cheap it is! Buy again? Quite likely! Though I want to switch to a less harsh aka non-whitening toothpaste next.


6. Masque-ology Pore Minimizing Sheet Mask
I got this in my June Birchbox, and was just thrilled because I've always want to try out a sheet mask! I found this mask to be super wet and drippy though, which could be a good thing I suppose? It was messy to apply though, but once on my face and once I was laying down relaxing it wasn't too terrible. I didn't notice crazy pore minimizing, but I do think it did help calm my face down before a big date of mine where I was suffering from some breakouts (totally not cute!). Buy my own set? Hmmm, not sure, this brand is expensive apparently. I am open to trying more sheet masks out though because people seem to love them so much, I just hope they aren't all gloopy like this one was!


7. Pantene Fine Conditioner Sample
I think I got this in the Target Spring Beauty Bag (so glad I discovered those gems!). This conditioner is fine, though nothing magical or spectacular. I don't think I'd be running to get it full sized any time soon unless I was on a SUPER tight budget, but I do think I would buy it for like travel or something because it's always easy to find in the travel size, and it does do its job as a general conditioner. Perhaps I would be more wowed by their conditioner targeted more at my hair type?


8. Neutrogena Visible Bright Daily Facial Cleanser Sample
From the first time I saw this product on a Target shelf it spoke to me and I was dying to buy it full sized ever since! I couldn't justify it though because of the large amount of sample sized cleansers I have seemed to have managed to collect. When I saw that The Target Spring Beauty Bag had it, I was on a mission to snag myself one! Turns out it didn't disappoint me! The smell is great, the results are great, and I love it's weird almost glittery texture! The shimmer doesn't stay on your face though from what I could tell, but some how the fact that I know its in there just makes me feel like my face looks brighter! Even if it isn't actually any brighter, making me feel like it is is step one! Buy full sized? Yes! My number one choice right now, just have more samples to get through, argh!


9. Caudalie Vinotherapie Hand and Nail Cream Sample
I received this in my May Birchbox and was excited to use it because I had just run out of hand cream at the time. I found myself loving the smell (reminds me of Pez!) and it's texture. It never left my hands feeling greasy or under moisturized. I think it is supposed to help with the look of ageing on your hands, but I didn't notice a huge difference like that other than how moisturizing always makes your hands look better. Extra perk? This was the best purse sized hand cream ever! haha, thanks BB! Buy full sized? When I have a lifestyle that justifies $19 hand cream, definitely. But for now, I will just have to hold on to my fond memories and hope for a freak gift of it from someone! Haha. Shhh a girl can dream!


10. Nivea Extended Moisture Daily Lotion Sample
I didn't like this. It left my legs feeling greasy after use, even though it moisturized just fine. I wouldn't buy the full size because I know for a fact that I love other Nivea brand moisturizers better.


11. & 12. Tresemme Split Remedy Shampoo and Conditioner
I managed to get a hold of two sets of this Shampoo and Conditioner some how, but having use the first set, I am not wowed. It works ok as Shampoo and Conditioner, and it makes my hair feel like its a little smoother and less frizzy, but I don't think it does what it claims for split ends, though perhaps I'll change my mind after the second set. At this point I wouldn't get the full size, but I would still consider the other products in the Tresemme Split Remedy line.


13. Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Finishing this product is like the end of the era! The purchase of this product basically marked my ascension in to the beauty world of beauty products, youtube, and blogs, and was the first product I really bought based on guru reviews, and I am so glad I did. This product made me love eyeshadow again and it never let me down. I will say that I got annoyed when halfway though its life the back end split so I had to tape it shut and hope it wouldn't dry out, but other wise it was fine (though I think it was a little thicker/dryer towards the end of its life than when it started). This baby lasted me for practically a year and a half! Definitely worth the investment, especially given the fact that I probably used this at least 5 days out of the week! Buy again? Maybe if other brads disappoint me in the future, but I am ready to try other things out there, especially since I know this will always be there for me.


14. L'oreal Paris Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer Sample
At first I thought I was going to hate this because it is like a pure shimmer primer, but I found myself loving it under my foundation! I think it did work decently as a primer, thought I will admit I didn't notice anything spectacular staying power wise. But my favorite part was how it made my foundation brighter without being obvious, and I also like it's texture. Buy the full size? I am really considering it! My only debates is whether it is worth the investment since it is kinda pricey for something I wouldn't say I "need."


15. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait Sample
Can I just say, I don't understand the hype? I did like the texture and application of this, and the color over all, but are all the other colors secretly glittery like this one? Because if they are I am not interested! I just felt stupid with this on because the glitters were so obvious, though the peach tone was pretty perfect for me! Buy full sized? I don't know. I'll have to scrutinize them in the drug store to see if there are colors I might like that don't have shimmer. But honestly, I am more interested in some of the other new lip products than this one, and, besides, I don't need another lipstick! I need to use up more of the ones I have first! Haha.


16. Neutrogena Deep Clean Long Last Shine Control Blotting Sheets
I'm glad there is more competition in blotting sheet land these days (I'm looking at you Clean and Clear, did you're patent expire or something? Because these look and feel identical...). But, I wasn't wowed by these. They act and feel like just regular blotting sheets, when I was expecting them to be different some how from the stereotypical Clean and Clear ones. Like others I have tried, I found myself oftentimes using two sheets at a time because one was just not cutting it. I blame Shiseido for giving me high expectations, haha. Buy these again? I might just because of the price, but likely I'll just buy whatever is the cheapest when I go buy new ones, as I can not justify the Shiseido price so I much toil on with sub-par blotting sheets haha.


17. Cover Girl Trublend Micromineral Finishing Veil
This is part of my Kill It! quest. See my review there!

18. Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Sample
I got this in my February Birchbox, and I have a love hate relationship with this. I love that it is a powder, I love how it makes my skin smooth, and I also strangely love it's baking powder smell. What don't I love? I'm convinced it was breaking me out! Which, obviously is counter productive for a daily facial product aimed at reducing scars, etc. Buy the full size? Not right quick I'm not... it's quite expensive, and I don't want to run the risk of break outs! Maybe when/if my skin changes. I loved getting it as a Birchbox item though! Trying out this kind of product is why I joined BB!


19. Fusion Beauty Lip Fusion
Love love love this lip balm! I got it in my May 2012 and I loooved every second of it's use! I love the weird cirtus/natural mint smell it had going on and the results were fantastic! My lips were nice and moisturized and I didn't feel compelled to use it every hour on the hour like other lip balms! This lip balm is going to ruin my lip balm expectations forever haha. This full sized balm lasted me a month with obsessive use, haha, which is fantastic and almost makes me want to justify the $22 price tag. Also, I love it's heavy metal twist bottom packaging. Did I mention that I loved this lip balm? Buy it again? Yes! My Birchbox points can't add up fast enough!


20. Chapstick LipShield 365
++At the outset I must mention: I received this product via my participation with Influencer for product testing and review. I had no obligations to review this however, and no obligations to review it positively, which will be obvious in a moment++
So this unfortunate chap stick had to follow my Fusion Beauty Lip Fusion experience, but even without that, there would have been nothing to resurrect this chap stick's suckiness. They don't lie about the SPF 50+, this will give you a gross and obvious white caste, which will be accompanied by a gross greasy look and feeling, along with terrible emphasis of any chap-ness on your lips as this stuff loves to stick on ever little flake you have and didn't even know you had! It's one perk? This whole tube only lasted me 2 weeks! Thank god! Buy my own? Never! And so glad this one was free! Don't waste your money unless all you need is the SPF 50+



21. Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner
I received this through MyGlam back when I was subscribed (it was in the January bag I think?). At first I wasn't thrill at the idea, but I used it just to use it and I found myself a little surprised. I did like the results it gave me: my hair felt cleaner without feeling striped, and I swear my natural curls were cuter and more manageable even without products. The only down side is that my arms would get tired when I massaged it into my head. Buy full sized? I'd consider it if it wasn't so pricey and wasn't so annoying to procure, otherwise, I don't think this is for me.


22. & 23. Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy Total Care Shampoo and Conditioner
One, I love that Heidi Klum is Clear's spokes person, haha. Two, I love that these came out in decent trial sizes given that it is a totally new brand from what I can tell. Three, the product is actually quite nice. It is kinda like Selson Blue meats Herbal Essences. You can definitely tell that it is a product aimed at scalp health by the smell, but it does have enough ingredients and results that keep your hair shiney and normal despite it's aim (I always found products like Selson Blue making my hair weird even if it does help dandruff). Buy the full sized? Hmm, not totally convinced, but I did like the clean healthy feeling. I'm going to keep an eye out on them at the store and see how the brand evolves. Maybe they will have something with more hair care properties to make it more Herbal Essences while still helping the scalp.

No comments:

Post a Comment