Monday, August 22, 2011

Product Purge Quest

So, I'm on a quest to use up products in order to justify buying new ones. Here are some products that I've managed to use up recently and what I thought of them:
1. Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer
      I like this moisturizer. Have gone through a full size (this is a sample/gift with purchase size) as well as two of these smaller sizes. Have one more small size left. Payed for full size once, but I don't think I'd do it again. Too expensive for something that doesn't fully deliver on the skin tone correcting aspect. Though I do think it may have helped my dark sports fade a little bit.


2. Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil
      I like this finishing powder. Its so light and smooth, and feels so good when you put it on. I got this in my BE starter kit thing so its little. However, this was the first thing I ran out of and I ran out of it sooo much faster than anything else. Would repurchase but the price of it compared to how fast I go through it isn't worth it. I'll stick to my ELF Tone Correction Powder.


3. Bare Escentuals Clear Radiance
     I hated this product and used this up for the sake of using it up. It came in my BE starter kit so luckily it wasn't full sized. A series of changing containers and using it randomly as a kind of blush and a few times as an eye shadow allowed me to use up this product. Still not sure what its for, though it is a nice super subtle cheek color, but it doesn't last.


4. Bare Minerals Foundation in Fairly Light
     I had a super big powder foundation phase (kind of transitioning into a cream phase now) and the BE starter kit this came in spurred my make-up obsession. I ran out of this after much effort (still had another one left in light) because I like the Matte version of the foundation better (sampled the matte kind in the little bitty $20 starter kit I tried before the big starter kit this came in). Have subsequently repurchased the full sized matte foundation. Not sure yet if I'll repurchase again after that one runs out because I am going to try the Laura Geller Balance and Brighten foundation first when I use up my full sized Matte.


5. Josie Maran Get One Give One Instant Volume Argan Mascara
      I loved this mascara til the very end (even suffered through some clumps and flakes when it was drying out!). I would repurchase this. Had a good balance between definition and volume. But, after finishing this I received the Blinc mascara in my Birchbox and its definitely giving this Josie Maran mascara a run for its money. Not sure which I would repurchase when given the choice. However, that  buying time is far out because I have like 4 mascaras to use up and a few I wanna try before coming back to the question of which to buy.


6. YuBe Lip Therapy
      Love love love this chapstick! Including the funky camphor smell! I would definitely repurchase this! After I go through the 4 chapsticks I am trying to use up before purchasing more I definitely see YuBe as my choice when I am "allowed" to buy more chapstick! (Related: I love the lotion too! Going to buy some of that when (if ever) I run out of the giant Vaseline lotion I have right now)


7. Victoria's Secret Smoothing Body Scrub in Girls' Night
      The Girls' Night scent from Vicky's is one of my favorite scents EVER! Bummed I ran out of the scrub, because I can't repurchase it due to discontinuation of the line. However, I'd rather get my Girls' Night fix from the body wash or body spray because I hate this contain. It really cramps the hand to try and get some scrub out when you near the end.


8. Philosophy Begin Again (Tangerine) High Foaming, Shower and Bath Gelee
      This was my first Philosophy product and I had a lot of fun with it. It got me through some hard times. But I'm not sure if I would repurchase unless I stumbled upon in in TJMAXX again. Just too expensive for a normal seeming bubble bath. The scent was divine though!


9. Benefit Some Kind of Gorgeous Foundation Faker in Medium
      This foundation started my new love of cream foundation. I loved that Benefit sold this mini size because it was a perfect way to try the foundation! I applied it with a round foundation brush and buffed it in. Loved the simple coverage and the texture. Really considering buying the full size when I'm in the market to return to former foundation loves (still have some foundations to finish and try before coming back to old ones). The only thing that stopped me from buying it immediately this summer was the fact that the product to price ratio isn't spectacular due to how fast one goes through cream foundations. Hense, wanna try some drug store cream/mousse foundations first to see if there is a cheaper alternative to Some Kind of Gorgeous. Also! I tried this foundation because Sarah Hawkinson talked about it being one of her favorite foundations once. 


10. Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm
      I loved this lip balm, but I don't know if I'd repurchase it if only because the container lasts soooo long! I literally took me seven years to finish this because I always forgot I had it and I never made progress in finishing it until I made it my mission. Lovely scent, lovely moisturization though! Would definitely not reject it as a gift or something though. Just wanna try lots of things and having something last so long impeds that! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment