Tuesday, August 9, 2011

August 2011 Birchbox

Got my first Birchbox today! YAY!
Don't know what Birchbox is? Or wanna join? Click Here



Here is what I got (will be updated later with reviews once I have used each product enough to review):

1. Befine Night Cream 0.5 fl.oz
        I've heard good things about Befine products from Youtube and Blogs, so I'm excited to try this
Update: I love the way this smells! Kind of bakery-esque. Nice smooth texture, not too heavy. But not sure I would buy it if only I don't see this making any kind of significant difference in my skin and is therefore rather expensive for something that is just fine (but does smell delightful!) WOULD PURCHASE ON SALE


2. Befine Exfoliating Cleanser Single Serve
        Kinda bummed that this is only single serve size because one of my favorite Beauty Gurus on Youtube loves Befine cleaners, but its a rather big single serve size so I think I'll at least get a good idea of the product when I try it
Update: HATE THIS CLEANSER! Was way to gritty and rough for my taste. And I absolutely appauled the smell! Gross. Nothing good about this cleanser. May be pretty good at sloughing but was so turned off by the smell that I didn't take the time to fully wash my face and just washed it off after a few scrubs and switched to my regular face wash. WON'T PURCHASE


3. Blinc Mascara
         This is the kind that makes those little tubes! I'm so excited to try this!
Update: I love this mascara. Idk if this is emphasized by the fact that the last mascara was kinda flaky but the formula for blinc is so nice and liquid-y that it NEVER has clumped so far. I don't like a lot of volume, just definition and a little length so this mascara was perfect for me. MAY PURCHASE AFTER USING UP ALL MY OTHER MASCARAS


4. Kate Spade New York Twirl Perfume Sample
        Always have wanted to try this one out! So far I like it... may have sprayed some on my wrist the first second I got :)
Update: I really like the smell of this! And it does kinda make me wanna Twirl and have Breakfast at Tiffany's like Ms. Golightly. But, I think its a dupe-able smell. MAY PURCHASE ROLL ON OR IF FOUND AT TJ MAXX/PURFUMANIA/DISCOUNTED, ALSO WOULD LOVE A CHEAP DUPE


5. Liftlab Lift & Fix(TM) High Potency Solution
        Don't really need anti-aging serums, but apparently its made out of a protein from Acrtic fish, so that's pretty cool! Definitely will try it out and use it up since it's not gigundo
Update: I loved the consistency of this, not sticky at ALL! Which was a super plus because other serums that I've tried were rather sticky. This serums texture though was kinda liquid-y, which can be awkward at first to apply in your hand, but on your face it feels amazing. However, I'm not really sure what this is supposed to do and haven't noticed anything different about my skin from using it. Maybe it needs more time than what the sample can provide to show me, but at this point its too expensive for something that I only love the texture about.


6. Twistband (TM) Hair Tie
        Looks kinda like the Sephora Brand ones I noticed online the other day. So pretty pumped to get one and not have to buy the Sephora ones! I have it in my hair right now, so far I like it. Only thing I wish was different was that it wasn't like tied and knotted together. Would probably love it even more if it was just a continuous loop, not a strip of flat elastic tied together
Update: I think I love this hairband. Most hair bands give me a headache after a while, and this one can still do that if I am in a headache prone mood already, but the headaches with this hairband is significantly less awful that they are with other hairbands. I love how comfy it is on the wrist. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it is a strip tied together. Would LOVE it if it didn't have the knot because I don't like the look of the knot in my hair and obsessively try to keep the knot on the bottom of my ponytail, haha. WILL PURCHASE A SET WHEN I HAVE ENOUGH BIRCHBOX POINTS

What did other people get?

No comments:

Post a Comment