Sunday, May 13, 2012

Spring Cleaning II (21 Empties!)

That's right! Even more empties! The first post became excessively long and I got tired of typing so I needed to break up the posts! Haha.
1. Sensodyne Pronamel Travel Sized Toothpaste
This is my 2nd little tube of this toothpaste (see here for my review after finishing the first tube). My opinion there hasn't changed much. Would I buy this stuff? I think I would, because I find that it does do its job for sensitive teeth and the texture of it doesn't weird me out anymore. But it's toothpaste so I'm not excited about it or anything, and I could be easily persuaded to try out a different one when I am in the market again for toothpaste.


2. Tresemme Nourishing Rituals Rejuvenating Mud Masque
I liked this, but didn't love it. I thought it did an acceptable job, but didn't necessarily do anything noticeable. I did LOVE the awesome smell (which was kinda like sour candy apples!), which was refreshing to smell while it sits in your hair. I think it, at the very least, maintained the moisture of my hair, but I don't know if it really "rejuvenated" it, haha. I don't know if I will buy this product again, but I am intrigued enough to try something else in the line!


3. Jouer Lipgloss in Birchbox Pink
I received this back in my December Birchbox and wasn't super excited about it at the time because adding a lip gloss to my collection was not something I needed, haha. After using it anyway I learned that I loved the crazy bright color! It also taught me that lip glosses, in fact, do not have to be sticky like most of the ones I have experienced over the years, and they can actually be hydrating! I loved wearing this over a NYX lip cream that I got in the December Glambag because it made the perfect mauve color without being too dark and mature. Will I buy the full size? I am suuuper tempted! Because I am trying to reduce my lip product collection I can not justify the purchase at this time, but come that (hopeful) day in the future when I can justify buying a lip gloss, this one is sure to be at the top of my list!


4. Softsoap Travel Sized Moisturizing Body Wash in Juicy Pomegranate & Mango Infusions
I bought this for a trip and decided to use it up instead of saving it for my next trip because it seemed too far off to justify. I loved the smell because it reminded me of my childhood for some reason (can't quite figure out why though), but that was just about all I loved. It was ok as a body was, but I didn't find it moisturizing at all. Not sure if I will buy it again, but if I do it will because I am craving the smell, or just need a travel body wash. Won't buy the big huge full sized version that's for sure!

5. Vichy Lift Activ Nuit
This was reviewed in the post dedicated entirely to the Vichy products I got from Birchbox so you can check out my review there.

6. & 7. Mini Sized Bath and Body Works Candles in Flower Shop and First Bloom
I will admit that I bought the Flower Shop because Sarah Hawkinson said it was her ultimate floral fragrance of all time and she literally went out and bought like 7 of the bigger candles in this scent, haha. After all kinds of hype over BBW candles on Youtube I figured I'd bite the bullet and buy some since I was digging some of the new spring scents! I have to say I am a little underwhelmed. I have gotten better scent payoff with candles from Target! I like candles that can fill the whole room (and since I live in a 1 bedroom apartment, I want it to fill the whole apartment), and these definitely are a halfroom-er. Maybe it's because of there teeny size that they didn't fill the room as much, I dunno (I bought 2 medium sized BBW candles too in the same trip so we'll see how those compare to these). It might be sacreligious but I think I liked the First Bloom scent a teensy bit more than Flower Shop (Sorry Sarah Hawkinson! haha), but that's probably because it has a hint of peony (that Flower Shop doesn't have), and I can never get enough peony! Will I buy these again or a bigger size? At this point, I would say no, but I did enjoy them, and the small size is cute, fun, and a great way to try out new scents even if the scent payoff is meh.


8. Garnier Nutritioniste Nutri-Pure Daily Exfoliating Gel Cleanser
Funny, I don't think I have really mentioned this product before, but this cleanser is what started my obsession with skin care which then inspired my make up obsession which inspired this blog! Haha. Something so monumental in my life, and yet it took me this long to write about it! So what is so great about this product? I does it's job fabulously, leaving skin feeling clean and refreshed without over drying (though after trying out other cleansers I find this a little big drying, but nothing you wouldn't expect from it)! It was this cleanser that I realized that cleansers can actually get results for your skin acne-wise, and it got be started with a daily skin care routine (though at the beginning that simply consisted of cleansing with this 2x a day, and moisturizing afterwards if I felt like it, haha, but hey, gotta start somewhere). After I forayed into skin care land I learned that there are other exfoliaters and cleansers out there that I am interested in trying out (though most aren't really as good for daily use like this one) but I always had some of these on hand because I had quite a little stash of this cleanser haha. While I was on a mission to use this up so I can move on to other cleansers so I won't be repurchasing this right away, this will always be my standby in a time of crisis! And, bonus, it has that Garnier smell which i love! :)


9. Crest Complete Deep Clean + Whitening Toothpaste Sample
When I first squeezed this out, which was awkward because I have never had toothpaste in a little foil sample, haha, I wasn't sure how I would feel about it because it has a gel texture which I haven't used before, but I decided to use it anyway. I found that I loved the texture because after rinsing my mouth felt SO fresh and clean, and I didn't feel like there was a film of stuff left in my mouth to keep rinsing out like most toothpastes make me feel (and I figured was normal til now!). I love the mint flavor and the way it foams up so I see myself buying this in the future after I use up the 2 toothpastes I have right now.



10. Shiseido Pureness Oil-Control Blotting Paper Sample
I got this as a sample in my March Birchbox and words can not describe my love of this product! If it was being sold through the Birchbox store I probably would have already bought the full size, haha. If I remember correctly the information about the product said that it was "patent pending" which as a law student I would find fascinating if they found a new way to make oil-control papers that is patent-able! That aside, these papers perform the best out of, I think, any oil-blotting papers I have ever used! With these I never had to use more than one (many other brands I would need 2 sheets). So, even though these sheets are probably more expensive than other brands, in the long run they might be equally economical, maybe? (Or maybe I just want to tell myself that just to justify the future purchase? haha). Buy the full size? Heck yes! Probably from Sephora this summer or something.


11. Evolution of Smooth (EOS) Shave Cream in Vanilla Bliss
I will admit to 2 things... 1. I didn't realize that EOS stood for Evolution of Smooth until making this purchase, and some how knowing the full name makes the lip balms more appeal of a purchase (Can't explain why, haha, but just as EOS lipbalms, I am meh, but Evolution of Smooth Lipbalms? Sounds so much sleeker and awesome... now if only they would make them in less lame shapes...) and 2. I wasn't expecting to be wow-ed by this because I have the belief that EOS should be over rated because the hype over the lipbalms annoyed me, so I would have rerived some joy by being able to rightfully say I didn't like this product... but that would be a lie, because it did wow me, and I am impressed! I bought this because it is basically the only brand that has a pump style dispenser shaving cream. The product itself too is awesome! I loved the smell, which is weird for me because normally I hate vanilla, but this one works somehow. I think it's because its more of a real vanilla smell rather than the fake scent that is put as the fragrance in everything! I loved how moisturizing this was too! Buy again? Yes! I almost don't even want to try something new yet because I liked this one so much! I think I will buy the other scent when I go out to the store just for the fun of trying out both scents haha.

12. I Love... Lemons & Limes Bubble Bath & Shower Gel
I have reviewed this product in another scent in my previous empties post. Unlike that one, I loooved this scent! It first smells like yellow gatorade (which I LOVE), and then has this like bitter limey after smell, which was odd at first, but I found that I loved it! I think I would buy the full size of this one!

13. TIGI Rockaholic Livin' the Dream Sulfate-Free Shampoo + Energy
I posted about this product a bit ago when I initially hauled it at a super good deal. The smell was fine, the results were fine, it was all just fine. I don't know what this "energy" nonsense is about, but otherwise I think it did well as low foaming shampoo. I do wonder why they call it "Sulfate-Free" when its second ingredient is "sodium c14-15 olefin sulfonate" which sounds like a sulfate like derivative or something, which I wouldn't doubt that is is because these kinds of terms aren't really regulated in the beauty industry, but whatever. Still a fine product. This definitely is more of a low-sulfate product than truly free of all sulfates because it does foam more than I anticipated. Buy again? Probably not, if only because it is super expensive, and I wasn't wowed. Would still try other TIGI shampoos though, just not Rockaholic ones.

14. Giovanni Frizz Be Gone Anti-Frizz Hair Texturizing Balm
I can't believe this product is finally out of my life! I still remember vividly the day I got this product... my Dad bought it for me at Whole Foods, and I was super excited because I was pretty sure if my Mom had been the one shopping that day I never would have gotten it. Yay for shopping with Dad! :) Anyway, this was one of my first serums (and I think it might actually be my first, even before the Garnier serum... that lasted me forever). I know I used this in the past as a de-frizzer on dry hair, but for my using up quest I used it on wet hair as my first product out of the shower, and I think it did a pretty great job at de-frizzing. I was afraid that it would make my hair static-y, but surprisingly this is not the case! I also love the fresh smell, it's smaller size, and that it's organic! Buy again? I think so! Plus, the new packaging has a pump unlike mine. Awesome! Just will probably try out other Giovanni products first :) I have my eye on the High Gloss Hair Mist (because it sounds kinda like a spray version of the Balm) the next time I am somewhere that I can buy Giovanni hair stuff (no Whole Foods in VT or NH!)

15. Bath and Body Works Candle in Poppy Sunshine
Like the mini sized candles above, I was underwhelmed by the strength of this scent while the candle was burning. With this scent in particular I also found that I enjoyed the scent less while it was burning that how it smells at first wiff. Also, this candle burned the least clean of all of them. The picture above doesn't do the gross mess justice; there is just all kinda of wax unevenly stuck up on the side! Buy again? Nope, and not in this scent!

16. Bath and Body Works Candle in Gingham Apple
I know, you are probably as shocked as I about the green ratting of this candle. But I loved the scent of this one SO much that I think I would even repurchase it despite the inferior scent strength qualities. I did find that this candle scent performed the best out of the batch though when it came to scent strength. I really wish that this scent in forms other than the candle because I would run out today and get more stuff! Soap, body spray, bubble bath... I would buy it just to be enveloped with the scent! Haha. Plus, this one burned really cleanly too! Hardly any wax evidence of the sides. Repurchase? If they had the huge 3 wick one... I'd go buy it right this second actually, but the $9.50 price tag on this medium size... little over priced for how short of a time it burns. Anyone know any dupes for this scent? I will love you for ever and ever and ever if you would clue me in on them! :)


17. Tresemme No Frizz Ultra Light Shine Spray
This is another one of those products that I have had so long it has just been omnipresent in my collection, but now it is finally out! This does a great job for quick fixes of "bad hair" into "good hair" most days! Occasionally it will make matters worse and make your frizzy hair turn into non-frizz but now greasy looking hair, but that was usually on days where I had used too much of other products or I was over due for a shampoo. I know lots of people will probably be against this product because it is basically silicone in a bottle, but I love it :) Buy again? Yes, and this bottle here is actually my 2nd! After I try out other shine sprays first, because, surprisingly, I don't think I have used any other brands.

18. Scope Dual Blast Fresh Mint Blast Mouthwash
Like the toothpastes, this is also kinda random, but I got this as a sample from the P&G saver thing, and loved the generous size! Haha. However I wasn't hooked. I liked the results it gave because my mouth did feel super duper fresh afterwards but the negatives outweighed this. This was a super burny mouth wash! Plus, even though it says "fresh mint" and is green... I swear there is cinnamon going on in there! And I HATE HATE HATE cinnamon mouth products! Haha. Buy the full size? Nope!

19. Annick Goutal Petite Cherie Perfume Sample
I got this in my March Birchbox, and was prepared to hate it because the description didn't sound like something I would like. However I was pleasantly wrong! It kind of reminds me of what my mother wears (and has worn all my life knowing her, haha) which is usually Wind Song, or White Diamonds. I think it's the musk aspect that reminds me of my mom. However, despite the musk (something I usually don't go for), the main thrust is a sweet little innocent floral that isn't fruity, and then the musky is just a lingering after smell. I love it. Makes me feel like I am a younger version of my mom, and I like to imagine it is something my mom wore when she was younger even thought this isn't true, haha :) Buy the full size? I think I might, but it is actually a super expensive perfume. :( If I come across a smaller size than the standard 1/1.7 oz that is too pricey, I would totally snatch it up! 

20. Philosophy Miracle Worker Miraculous Anti-Aging Concentrate
I wasn't sure what I would think of this because I don't really know or care much about anti-aging serums. I received this in a goodie bag at an event at my mall (one that was open to anyone that signed/showed up, haha, not anything special for bloggers... I wish my blog was that big of a deal! haha :P). I figured since the sample was small, why not just test it out and see what I think of it instead of passing it along to my mom. I found that I really loved the texture of it! It was a serum that left me feeling quite moisturized which I didn't expect after other serum samples. Would I buy the full size? Probably not since I didn't really notice any anti-aging stuff going on, and it's too pricey just for minimal moisturizing needs (wouldn't cut it in the winter I am sure), but I am open to the idea of it, and the brand in the future when I am looking for anti-aging stuff!

21. Softsoap Clean Protection Hand Soap
I got this as a super good deal at Ocean State Job Lot, after never seeing it before, but now seeing it in stores (and appreciating my good deal!). The smell is kind of a normal non-scent of regular soap smell, but I liked that. Also, it didn't leave my hands super dry like regular soaps do! While it didn't super moisturize or anything, what it says on the bottle... "light moisturizers" is pretty accurate. It slightly moisturizes but leaves you hands feeling super clean afterwards! Repurchase? Yep I think so! Just wanna try a more moisturizing one, and fun scented one next :)

No comments:

Post a Comment